Follow "AmyHasIssues" for some Laughs!

DINNER DATE


I have the worst luck with men.  I was at a coffee shop, pouring sugar into my coffee. Someone came up behind me. "Excuse me, may I ask you a question?" I turned around. A very handsome man was standing there, smiling. "Great teeth," I thought to myself. 
"Will you go out to dinner with me?" He asked. 
WOW. I was flattered. This had never happened to me before. I was instantly attracted. 
Of course, I said yes. I drove home fantasizing about him. I pictured us holding hands, walking along a beach, (cheesy, I know) making out under a moonlit sky.
He called me the next day. We talked for a while. He seemed intelligent and easy-going. He made me laugh. (BONUS POINTS) I liked him! He said he was going to take me to his favorite restaurant and that he had a surprise for me. I was excited! A surprise? On the first date? WOW. He was thoughtful, too. (more BONUS POINTS)
The name of the restaurant was "Viande Maison." It sounded so elegant! When we arrived, he helped me take off my coat. Then he pulled out my chair for me. I could smell his cologne. Wow. Sweet! (His bonus points were stacking up!) Things were going great. Conversation was easy. We had fun comparing hobbies and interests. I couldn't wait for my surprise to come. Finally, he said, (with great enthusiasm) "Okay, here's your surprise!"
I looked up to see a waiter holding two dinner plates. He set one of them in front of me. I almost gagged. It was a bloody-looking piece of meat. Before I could say anything, my date continued with,"It's the best veal in town! I butchered it myself!"

(LONG pause.)

"You what?"
"I'm a butcher!" He said. "I supply all of the veal to this restaurant!"
I couldn't believe my ears. Of all the men in the world, I find myself on a date with a BUTCHER.

I don't remember what he said after that. All I kept thinking about were baby cows stuck in tiny crates, unable to stand up or turn around, for months and months until they are slaughtered. I wanted to jump over the table and gouge his eyes out. I refrained.

Instead, I called a cab and cried the whole way home.
Later, my friend told me that "Viande Maison" was the French term for "Meat House." 

CLASSIC.






No comments: