Follow "AmyHasIssues" for some Laughs!

MILLENNIALS


I got stuck in a major traffic jam and decided to stop at one of those "REST-STOP PLAZAS." I went inside and found a juice bar. I looked at the menu. They had a Coconut Malibu Mango Delight. It sounded delicious. There were two young female employees standing near the counter with their backs to me. I saw one of them look at me but I guess she was too immersed in her conversation about her cheating boyfriend because she didn't acknowledge me. I stood there for at least a minute, trying to be patient. Then I thought maybe they weren't open yet because it was only 10:45am. 

ME: "Umm.. excuse me. Are you guys open yet?"
One of the girls turned around.
GIRL: "What?"
ME: "I'd love a Coconut Malibu Mango Delight, if you're open?"
GIRL: (With a major attitude.) "Yeah, of course we're open- read the sign. It says 9am-7pm."
ME: "Excuse me?"
The girl turned her back on me and started to walk over to the other end of the counter.
GIRL: "You have to come over here to order." 
I stood still for a moment, feeling the rage growing inside of me. I was already frustrated from the traffic jam. I went from 0-100 on the PISSED OFF SCALE in like, a second
ME: "Did you really just say that? Seriously?" 
GIRL: "I said, you have to come over here to order."
ME: "I heard you. Why do you have an attitude with me?"
GIRL: "What attitude? I don't have an attitude."
She was giving me one of those bitchy little 8th grade stares. Now there were people in line behind me.
ME: "Really? Let me show you what you did."
Then I proceeded to imitate her from when she first opened her mouth to the moment she said she didn't have an attitude. Some of the customers smirked. One of them said, "That was perfect!"
The girl's face turned red. She was angry. But I was angrier.
GIRL: "That is NOT what I did!"
ME: "That is EXACTLY what you did! I'm tired of you millennials not giving a shit. Do you know how to smile?  Do you know how to be NICE, dammit? I just want a Coconut Malibu Mango Delight so I can get out of here!"
GIRL: "You can't talk to me like that! I quit!"
She turned around and walked into the back room. Immediately, a manager came running out.
MANAGER: "I'm sorry ma'am. She's a new employee."
ME: "Wow. Her interview must have gone well."
Another employee came out.
OTHER EMPLOYEE: "Kristin spit in the blender and then left."
The manager looked horrified.
MANAGER: "Jennifer. I'll handle this. Why don't you re-stock the juices for me." 
She turned to me.
MANAGER: "So what can I get for you today?"

I almost said, "A SPIT SMOOTHIE." But I refrained. Instead, I left. (So did the rest of the customers who were in line.)

I HATE MILLENNIALS.










No comments: